Welcome to Shetland's class page!
We have arrived at spring term 2! Wow, isn't time flying by?
I hope you are all well and continue to be. We have enjoyed a restful break and are now eager to see what this next half term has in store for ourselves and our students.
So what will Spring term 2 look like?
We will be...
- Exploring time in our numeracy sessions --> Looking specifically at periods of time throughout the year, using time vocabulary and reading and interpreting digital and analogue formats
-- Exploring non-narrative texts in our literacy sessions --> such as application forms and personal information forms
- Continuing to follow our reading schemes --> either 'Read write inc' or 'see and learn'
- Utilising media platforms such as animation applications, drama based workshops and photography within our options groups
- Further developing our independence skills both indoors and outdoors
- Expanding our awareness of safety within the immediate and wider environments
- Designing, finalising and implementing our plans for the outdoor area
- Building our awareness of public and private --> in relation to places, activities and the human body
If you find yourself accessing the work from home, simply click on the sub-categories towards the bottom of this page. Each picture icon will navigate you to a selection of interactive sessions, worksheets and practical activities. You will also find documents below which include links to online resources and a suggested timetable. These are available to use should your young person require additional work. Evidence of our students engaging with their work is, as always, warmly welcomed and should be sent directly to the Shetland team via our class email address or contact form below.
Things to note for students attending campus:
- In line with our current COVID-19 risk assessment, we continue to be unable to provide snacks and drinks, so we ask that your young person comes in with something suitable for our morning breaktime.
- Students are allowed to bring water in a bottle, so you may choose for your young person to come in with one.
- Updates concerning bubble/department closures will be published on our class page here as well as the main school page.
Would your young person benefit from further information regarding COVID-19?
Below you will find a link to an ebook, 'Supported reading - CORONAVIRUS', which has been created to further explain the virus.
For correspondence with your young person's class team, please refer to the email address below:
email@example.com or use the contact form that is further down on this page for general communication.
Please ensure all admin and safeguarding queries are directed to the below email addresses: