Spring Term 2021
Due to the exceptional circumstances our current timetable is a little different to usual. Whilst this is impacting on the format of our school day, your young people are still following the planned learning for this term, whether that is based on site or at home (please scroll down for home learning activities).
During the Spring term students will have the opportunity to:
- Expand numeracy skills linked to money recognition, budgeting skills and practical application.
- Demonstrate Indoor and outdoor focused life skills.
- Utilise ICT software and hardware to complete a range of different group projects.
- Undertake individual reading sessions utilising Read, Write Inc and See & Learn reading schemes.
- Develop an understanding of, and demonstrate physical wellbeing through fine and gross motor activities.
- Choose to participate in a drama, animation or photography project.
- Explore non narrative texts such as application and personal information forms.
- Expand awareness of safety within our immediate and wider surroundings.
Additional Info for those students attending campus each day:
- Please can you ensure that all students are bringing a snack with them each day. In line with Covid 19 guidelines we are not able to supply the students with any food and do not want anyone to miss out.
- Students taking part in Derby County football coaching sessions require a complete change of clothes and footwear. These sessions take place on the grass and as such may result in the students getting wet or dirty.
During this period of uncertainty there is an ongoing possibility that students may not be able physically attend school each day. Below is some information regarding some suggested home learning tasks that students may choose to undertake in the event that they are not able to attend in person. We may also look to arrange some virtual teaching sessions (more info to be emailed out) which we would love for you to attend if possible. We recognise that learning from home is not easy so please do not feel under any undue pressure to complete this work and just do what you can. If you require any additional support or would like to send us any examples of the work you have been doing then please use the contact form below.
Please use these documents for ideas on activities to do at home if you are unable to attend school. We would love to see any photos of the students undertaking/completing the tasks. If you are happy to share these then please email them through to the class email address above and let us know if you would like us to put them onto this page for the other students to see.
You can contact the Islay Class Team via the email address below:
email@example.com (Use if sending attachments) or by using the contact form below if general communication.
Please ensure all admin and safeguarding queries are directed to the below email addresses: