'These are some activities that follow on from the learning that we have been doing in school, we understand that it may be difficult to engage students at home and there is no expectation that they complete any of the activities. However, they are here to support you and your young person if you wish to use them.
- Within math's we have been learning our primary colours, mainly working on the students matching the same colours. At home you could find household objects of different colours and see if the students can put the colours that match together, you could also ask if they can find different colours eg. something 'red' (students might need to be shown the selected colour first and asked to find the same colour)
- We have also been working on counting, matching and ordering on the following website: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/ladybird-spots.
- Throughout the day as a class we work on keeping fit by doing different Exercises and going on walks around the school grounds. Here is some ideas of simple exercises you can do at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNnyIwk4GE or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEE-dCoQgc
- Our story we have been listening to this term is the audiobook for wonky donkey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubTlgeSOiwU
- We've been working on our communication skills by matching items to photos or pictures of everyday objects. At St Andrews, we use the see and learn programme if you need any help on how this is done please watch the following video: (You could use actual objects instead of photos) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEhgAaomCxw
- We have been concentrating and focusing a lot on personal hygiene especially hand washing and personal space, in Iona we have been using the NHS hand washing song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VjeIWLnEg