Please find below some varied drama resources for Spring Term 2021.
Firstly there are links to some terrific theatre games for children. These games are designed to; build self-confidence, develop concentration and communication skills and to encourage self-expression. They are also great fun!!! The films can be found on You Tube and in each case facilitators have been filmed explaining and modelling the games. Once mastered - they can be enjoyed by two or more people whenever you choose!
1. "Stage Struck Presents - Theatre Games for Children."
The following five games are facilitated in this film:
* "Blowing a bubble!"
* "Follow the leader."
* "What are you doing?"
* "The Machine."
* "Story Telling."
2. "Forte Theatre Company Presents - Daily Theatre Games for Kids."
Number 4 - "Crossing the Floor".
Number 7 - "Emotional Washcloth".
Number 9 - "The Mirror!"
Number 13 - "Through the Door."
Hubbub Theatre Company
Hubbub Theatre are a superb company based in Derby who have partnered with St Andrews on many occasions. They have developed an exciting piece of theatre called: The Drum and have created an excellent workshop based around The Drum that can be found on You Tube on the link below:
The Drum - Hubbub at Home Workshop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJqTuwMhvlQ&feature=emb_logo
The workshop is just under the hour and the sections comprise roughly the following timings:
1. Introductions and warm up, ie, breathing and stretching exercises. 18 minutes (mins)
2. A "Body Parts" exercise that can be practiced individually or with a partner. (18 mins).
3. Learning a song! (5 mins).
4. Signed narration with visual musical accompaniment. (6 mins).
5. Story explanation as an exploration of the theme of kindness. (3 mins).
6. A "warm down", ie, calming exercises via breathing and stretching. (3 mins).
7. Closing "Thank You's" and picture gallery of the performance in rehearsal. (7 mins).
Parts of the workshop could be used with the students or even the full length - depending, of course, on the context. Hubbub also have lots of dynamic and interesting online content: drama, music, song, movement and dance exercises on channel. This is released regularly on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & website).
“Drama bubbles!” Are a collection of short videos of: warm ups; dramatic action songs; drama games & exercises and “chill out” time. They are designed for you to create your own “bubble of drama!” Select a “warm up”, then drama game/exercise and then “chill out” time, and with willing participants run your own “drama bubble!” The drama is suited for all ages apart from a couple of bubbles I have indicated for our Further Education students. Enjoy your “Bubbles!”
1. Warm up 1 – seated.
5 mins – 25 secs.
2. Warm up 2 – Standing. (FE students).
6 mins 6 secs.
Dramatic Action Songs.
3. The Wiggle Song!
4 mins 22 secs.
4. I like the flowers.
3 mins 30 secs
5. The Sunshine song.
3 mins 28 secs.
4 mins 8 secs.
Drama Games & Exercises.
7. Feelings and Emotions.
9 mins 37 secs.
8. Status in the Middle Ages.
7 mins 8 secs.
9. Action Mimes.
10. “Chill Out” Songs 1.
7 mins 19 secs.