What is Artsmark?
St Andrew's college campus has recently embarked on its journey to becoming an 'Artsmark' provision and we are thoroughly enjoying the opportunities along the way! We are committed and enthusiastic to recognize the positive influence that the arts can have on our learner's personal, social and emotional skills.
Students at our campus have been supported by regular staff to access a range of internal and external arts provision throughout their weekly timetables and these experiences have provided learners with an insight into a variety of art forms - some of which they may wish to pursue beyond St Andrew's. Members of the staff team have worked thoroughly and selectively to secure reputable, quality placements which stimulate, challenge and inspire our fantastic students. As per our curriculum offer, each learner will access an arts provision for a period of 6 weeks. Throughout their time at each placement, they will undertake a project and will have opportunity to showcase their successes within our onsite exhibition (date to be confirmed).
Some of the projects so far have included...
- Devising an animation - using STOPMOTION (app) on IPADS to create a narrative for a Christmas related project
- Working with a producer to devise, record and edit student's own pieces of music
- Creating a bird feeder and an IPAD display unit in a woodwork project
Some of the settings that we are currently connected with are...
- The QUAD Home | QUAD (derbyquad.co.uk) - A charity and Cultural Hub
- Baby people School | Baby People | Derby - Music and Arts development organisation
- The workshop - The Workshop, Derby - Therapeutic woodwork and craft
Look below to see our student's in action...